I much prefer life in the outdoors, soaking up the sun and breathing fresh air. That could mean biking, hiking, a trip on a sailboat or just relaxing on the backyard patio at my house in Colorado.
However, when the sun goes down, you don't necessarily have to pack it in. We've been using AlpenGlow laterns from Biolite to accent our patio lighting system, and these cool little lights are both decorative and versatile.
We have a pergola over our patio, and we have strung them with classic white string lights. They provide a nice amount of ambience, and the AlpenGlow laterns add just the right boost so that we can continue to enjoy the evenings outdoors long after darkness arrives.
We were asked to review these compact lights, and we really love them. Not only are they perfect for at-home use like we have been enjoying them this summer, but they also are small and easy to pack for use on backpacking, yachting or camping outings. They also are great lamps for marine activities.
Check out these features:
- Offer eight lighting modes, including bright red and green -- ideal for marine navigation emergency lighting systems. You can hang the lanterns in your boat cockpit (they have a hook loop) or even set them on the cocktail table for a perfectly lit evening on the water.
- Two available sizes and lumen outputs, the AlpenGlow 500 and AlpenGlow 250
- AlpenGlow laterns feature ports to serve as a charger for your devices
- Runs for five hours on high and 200 hours on low
- Has a waterproof rating that protects from splashing waters
- Shake to access special lighting modes
- Rechargeable 6,400 mAh battery
- Modes include Cool and Warm White (Dimmable), Candle Flicker, Single Color, Multicolor and Cycling Color
The laterns sell for about $60 for the AlpenGlow 250 and $80 for the AlpenGlow 500.
Thanks for reading,